Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Windmill Bon Voyage

I wish I were going to Holland, but my downline is going instead.
Sigh!


The base card is Dapper Denim, layered with Whisper White embossed with the floral edge embossing folder (retired).  Background was created using the Timeless Texture stamp set and Dapper Denim ink.

Two diecut windmills were adhered to the front of the card, and tulip flowers added around the base.
These were made using a 3/4" scallop circle punch (cut 3 scallops per flower) with the stem and leaves being cut by hand.

A couple of years ago, a friend, returning from Holland,  bringing me a present wrapped in beatiful Delft Blue paper with 2" Dutch images  all over it.  I was so excited by the wrapping paper, I couldn't care less what was inside.  I ironed it, and stored it carefully for a number of years and brought it out now to make this card.

These images were copied onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.The images I wanted were cut out and adhered to the inside of my card.

The sentiment on the card is in Dutch.  I used the translator in order to know what to write. It means "Bon Voyage"

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Timeless Texture
Ink: Dapper Denim
Papers: Dapper Denim, Whisper White, scraps of various colors including Old Olive for the flowers.
Accessories Windmill Die (non SU), 3/4" scallop circle die, retired embossing folder

No comments: