Thursday, June 9, 2016

Swirly Bird Thank You - a Swap card

When I first saw the Swirly Bird stamp set I did not like it.  As a matter of fact, I even went on record stating that I would never buy it.  My mother once told me never say "never", because it does not give you room to change your mind. Well, I said "never" but I did change my mind.  Was my mother wrong?

The more I looked at the stamp set, and saw samples of cards on Pinterest that were made using this set, the more I saw possiblities.  It's like "Gorgeous Grunge".  I did not like that set either - at first - and now it's one of my favourite stamp sets.

So, obviously I bought the stamp set, and made this thank you card using Swirly Bird.  As I mentioned, I was inspired by the many cards I saw on Pinterest.

The base card is Flirty Flamingo, layered with Whisper White.  On the left side of the Whisper White cardstock, I stamped the stamp with dots on it (reminds me of Gorgeous Grunge)repeatedly, with a heavier concentration on the upper half.

Then I die cut the Swirly strip, first in Flirty Flamingo, and then in Vellum cardstock.  I used the Fine tip glue pen to adhere these pieces to the card front.

Two other swirly circles in vellum, each a different size.  The larger was adhered somewhat over the other strips, and the smaller one above it.

No card is complete without a butterfly, even if it is technically a "bird" set.  So, I pulled out the small Butterfly framelit and die.  First I die cut the butterfly in Flirty Flamingo: the framelit in Vellum. The two were adhered using glue dots.  To finish this off, I added some pears,  to the butterfly body, and extended the pearls above the butterfly to underneath the sentiment.



The sentiment is from "Another Thank You" and was stamped with Black Memento directly onto the card front.

Supplies Used: 
Stamps:  Swirly Bird, Another Thank You
Inks: Flirty Flamingo, Black Memento
Papers: Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock
Accessories: Swirly Scribbles Thinlet dies, Butterfly thinlet dies, Pearls, glue dots, fine tipped glue pen.

These are the 4 cards I made:

No comments: