Saturday, April 16, 2016

Garden in Bloom - Fab Friday #85

The weather has been so warm that last couple of days I'm almost hoping that spring has finally arrived.
The card I did for the Fab Friday challenge is a spring scene, with butterflies, flowers and bees and is from the stamp set "Garden in Bloom"

 

The first thing I stamped was the sentiment, which I stamped in the centre using the stamp-a-ma-jig.  The other images were stamped around it.
So, around this sentiment, on Whisper White piece, , I stamped yellow and brown butterflies (2 step stamping), pink and red roses with green leaves.  And to top it off, 2 bumble bees which were stamped separately, cut out and adhered in 2 different places.
For bling, I added some In Colour Assortment sequins.  On the bees wings, I put some dazzling details, which made the wings look almost translucent.

The Whisper White focal piece was matted with Top Top Taupe, with a 1/2 piece of White Paper Doillie attached underneath it at the bottom.
Near the top, I placed a strip of Rose Red carstock notched at both ends.  Underneath that a Smaller strip in Tip Top Taupe both notched at each end as well.

The matted image piece was attached to the card front using dimensionals.

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Garden in Bloom
Inks:Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Tip Top Taupe, Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Always artichoke, Basic Black
Papers: Hello Honey, Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Rose Red, English Garden DSP
Accessories: Doillie, In Color Sequins, dimensionals



No comments: