Monday, March 21, 2016

Pinwheel Card - To Someone Special

This special card fold card was made for a special event with the Canadian Die Exchange group.  The card technique this month was "Pinwheel" card.
I have made this card before, but I used a video tutorial by Julie deMatteao which made making this special fold very easy to make. The card itself did not take long to make - as usual, it's the decorating that takes the time.
I made about 6 of them, but so far have decorated only 1.
I used some of my own framelits, and some die cuts I have received from previous swaps.

Pinwheel card closed
The sentiment and tag are from previous swaps
 
 
The card is opened.  Some stamping is done using the Botanical Blooms stamp set.  The sentiment is from another die cut swap.

The card is closed with a 1 1/4" wide belly band.  It is decorated using the Botanical Builder Framelits

A close up of the decoration.

Supplies
Stamps: Botanical Blooms
Inks: Cajun Craze, Pool Party, Always Artichoke
Papers: Botanical Blooms DSP, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Old Olive, 
Accessories: Botanical Builder framelits, rhinestones, dimensionals, white baker's twine, non SU die cuts from previous die cut swaps

Here are the other Pinwheel cards I have made - 5 of which have not been decorated yet.





No comments: