Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Hot Diggity Dog Thank You using the Woodllands Embossing Folder

I was playing with the Woodland Embossing Folder today as my class tomorrow night is using this folder to make a number of cards.
A couple of folders didn't quite turn out the way I was wanting, so instead of tossing them, I made one into a Thank You card. Don't know yet what I will do with the other one.

A couple of weeks ago I had a medical emergency and have not been able to drive until my doctor can assess me.  Unfortunately he is away until Nov. 9, so that's a long time to be without wheels.
Thank goodness for friends  A couple stepped right up to the plate and ensured that I got to my appointments, the grocery store and to my last craft show on the weekend.

This card is for the friend who loves animals, especially dogs.  Her dog, Fred, is the love of her life.  To her, he's not a dog but a friend and companion.  Now Fred does not resemble the dog on the card at all, but I think she will get the idea.

So, I combined this love of dogs with a Thank you card made using the Woodlands Embossing folder.

  • I started by inking up the embossing folder with Night of Navy and Soft Suede, then running it through the Big Shot with  Whisper White cardstock.
  • A piece 1/4" Real Red ribbon was adhered to the lower third of the card
  • On top of that I placed a piece of Vellum.  The dog and the sentiment were built on the vellum piece.
  • The dog, from "Hot Diggity Dog" was stamped in 2 pieces - the body and the head.  I later stamped the bone at his feet.  The dog's coat was coloured red and yellow using a blender pen and markers, the nose Smoky Slate.  The dog's body and head were cut out and  adhered with glue dots.  The bone was also cut out, the ribbon coloured red, and adhered to the vellum with tiny dimensionals.
  • The sentiment is from "Another Thank You" and was stamped on a piece of Whisper White, with one end notched.
  • Above the thank you, I stamped a red heart from "Another Thank You".  It was coloured in using a blender pen and Real Red ink.
  • A bow made with the Real Red ribbon was attached using a glue dot.
  • The dog looks like he's looking up into the trees, so I added 3 cardinals from "White Christmas".  I coloured them with Real Red ink and a blender pen.
I hope my friend will like this card.  I intend to give it to her in class tomorrow.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Hot Diggity Dog, Another Thank You, White Christmas
Inks: Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Real Red, Black Memento, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate
Papers: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Vellum, Real Red.
Accessories: Woodland embossing folder, 1/4" Real Red Ribbon, Blender Pen, glue dots, dimensionals

No comments: