Monday, October 5, 2015

Punch Art Flower on Berry Box- SUO Challenge #132

I quite enjoy using my punches for a purpose other than it was intended for.  What I mostly make are flowers but I have been known to make other things.

The challenge this week with SUO is to feature SU punches on a project.

For my craft show this weekend, I made some berry baskets and filled them with either cards or goodies.  For each basket I made a flower, coordinating the colour of the flower with the DSP used to cover the basket.





This is the flower on the side of the basket which is covered with the gingham pattern or Market DSP.
These are the punches I used:  1 3/4" scallop circle, Fun Flower, Pansy, 1" circle.

The Old Olive scallop circle provided the base for the flower.  The scalloped circle was placed on the piercing mat and with the lid of Tombo glue, the circle and scallops were pushed into the mat giving it form.

The petals of the Rich Razzelberry Fun Flowers turned were turned up using a bone folder.  The same was done with the Hello Honey Pansy flower.

In the center is a 1" circle of Rich Razzelberry.

The embellishment is a metal trimmed pearl.


The layers were adherred together with tombo glue.  At each level the petals were alternated. This close up shows the curled and alternating petals.

Supplies Used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: