Saturday, October 3, 2015

Computer problem fixed

I called my son who is the computer guru, and he was not very optimistic that my computer would survive this spill.
But he suggested that I backup everything on my computer to one of those little key things (can't think of the name of it) like yesterday. So, I bought one, but do you think I could figure out what to do with it?  No!!
I called son #2, who very kindly showed me how to copy and paste onto this "thing"
My elder son also suggested getting an extra keyboard, and hook it up to my computer as I was not able to type.  Everytime I tried I got 66666666666666666666666666.
So when I went to Staples, the technician was initially going to install a new part that would cost $150 as it seemed like only the keyboard was affected.  However, when I suggested piggybacking a keyboard onto the computer, he was absolutely astonished and stated that could be done.  So, I bought remote control keyboard for under $30 and that had done the trick.  As you can see, I am typing.
Stay tuned for some posts in the near future.

No comments: