Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Home for Christmas

I managed to get a lot of work done today for my craft show this weekend which is a really good thing.
I also got ready for a cardmaking class tomorrow night.
Tomorrow morning I have to be totally prepared.

But I wanted to make another card with the Sleigh Ride Edgelits. I had so much fun with it last night. Tonight I wanted to use all three of the edgelits. It was a bit tricky, and I had to repeat the die cutting a number of times. Then when I got everything just right,  I made a mistake with the stamping of the sentiment. Some black ink had gotten on my finger and it smeared the words. So I decided to stamp it on a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock and added it over the error with dimensionals.

  • The base cardstock is basic black, layered with Whisper White.
  • the die cuts were layered on this Whisper White layer
  • The first one I die cut was the houses - and that was die cut in Basic Black.  Before attaching it to the card I stamped the snowflakes in the sky using Soft Sky ink.
  • The second layer, the trees, was die cut in Basic Gray cardstock.
  • Finally the horse and sleigh - die cut in Whisper White.  I stamped a little doggie in the lower right corner, welcoming the individual home
  • Dazzling diamonds was applied to this lower white layer.
  • The sentiment is from"Jingle All the Way"
  •  
Supplies Used:     
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
                                                                                                                               

No comments: