Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Vintage Leaves Thankful


You'd never know by the weather that we are approaching fall.  The heat and humidity have been stifling and certainly does not put one in the mood to make Christmas cards let alone Thanksgiving or Halloween cards.  However, my craft shows are coming up so I'd better get cracking!!

 had some coloured leaves left over from another project so I  made this Thanksgiving card.  I used the Woodlands Embossing Folder as a background and included an acorn and a feather.






  • The base cardstock is Chocolate Chip, layered with Very Vanilla cardstock embossed with the Woodlands Embossing Folder.  To make the birch trees stamp out a little better, I lightly sponged the surface with some chocolate chip ink.
  • Using the colours of autumn - Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Real red, some leaves were randomly stamped between the trees.  These are from the stamp set: "Among the Leaves".
    A barn owl and some black birds completed the scene.

    At the bottom of this layer, a piece of  Into the Woods Designer paper was adhered.  I did sponge this lightly with Crumb Cake as the background of this paper was Whisper White.  That made the DSP fit in better with the colour scheme of the card. At the top of the DSP I added some gold glitter ribbon.

    The leaves were built on a 1 3/8" chocolate chip circle using a hot glue gun. As I mentioned, these leaves and feathers were left over from another project.  The acorn was made using the Acorny Thank You stamp set with its coordinating punch.

    The sentiment was stamped in chocolate chip ink and die cut using the bitty banners framelit.

    Supplies Used:
    Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: