Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Watercolor Wings Note Card and Tote Bag - SUO 128 - Butterflies

For the challenge with SUO this week, create a project, using Stampin’ Up! products only, that features Butterflies – one or a whole bunch – but certainly make the butterfly the highlight!

I decided to make a note card featuring the Watercolor Wings stamp set - to put in a small tote bag to use as a hostess gift.  I tried something new with the tote bag this time.  Instead of paper handles, I used the Delightful Dijon ribbon.  It didn't quite turn out as expected, but I like it anyway.

Since the focus of this challenge is on the butterfly, here is the note card.

The tote bag was made using the Delightful Dijon DSP, so the colours of the butterfly reflected that.  In order, these are the colours I used:  Delightful Dijon (stamped off), Delightful Dijon full strength, and Black Memento ink.

The butterfly was stamped at an angle on a note card and is the main image on the card.

A medium butterfly thinlet was die cut in Basic Black and adhered to the stamped butterfly at the body only.  Then rhinestones were added to the body.

Along the left side I stamped  the rows of dots, and next to it the word "Hello" from the "Greeting Thinlet dies.

Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Fun set! I like the thinlit word over on the side - a nice balance to the lovely butterfly. Thanks for joining in the SUO Challenge!