Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Congrats - a Gatefold Shutter card

This is one card fold I have never made before (actually I have never heard of it before), but I'm up to a challenge.  This was a task for one of the groups I am in.

I used a You tube video tutorial by Maria Russell.  She made the card look so easy by showing us step by step how to make this card. I was able to make it the first time. 

  • This is the Gatefold shutter card closed, and held closed by a bellyband decorated with a flower made with various sizes of scallop circle punches.
  • The base card is Very Vanilla, cut at 8 1/2 by 5 1/2" then scored at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8".
  • I used Pacific Point cardstock with Pretty Petals DSP stack 
  • The partially opened card shows the shutter component on the inside of the card.  The shutter is partially opened - opened enough to see that the word stamped in the middle is "Congrats" from "Happy Happenings"
  • The card is fully opened - as is the shutter.  The circle in the middle of the center panel was made using a circle framelit.
  • The inside is decorated using the Bird Builder punch and the Petite Flower punch.  Brights sequin embellishments adorn the middle of each flower, and a rhinestone is on top of that.
This card proved to be quite easy to make and my plan is to make more of them.

Supplies Used: 
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



No comments: