Monday, August 31, 2015

Black & Gold Delicate Ornaments

I just love black and gold together.  These delicate ornament framelits are in the upcoming Christmas catalogue - which you can order from starting tomorrow.  Yeah!!

  • The Basic black cardstock card base was layered first with gold foil cardstock and then Whisper white cardstock embossed with Gently Falling embossing folder.
  • A piece of Gold and white Vellum was adhered at the bottom of the card, and  some 3/8" gold glitter ribbon was adhered at the top of it.
  • The ornaments were die cut using the new Delicate Ornament Thinlet dies.  First I die cut a basic black solid ornament, and then I die cut the more intricate ones using gold foil.  I also die cut the pieces in the middle using Whisper white cardstock.  I used the new Precision base plate, a little nervously I must say, to cut these dies.  To my amazement it was quite easy.
  • Thank goodness for the new fine tipped glue pen.  It was a cinch to apply glue to these delicate pieces without getting glue all over the place.
  • After adhering the delicate pieces onto the solid black background, the centers were added.  To complete the center, I added a metal trimmed pearl.
  • Some gold cording trim extends from the ornament top to the top of the card.  I also tied some as a bow around the neck of the bigger ornament.
  • The larger ornment was attached using dimensionals, overlapping the more narrow one.
  • The sentiment is from "Wonderland".
Tomorrow all these wonderful products can be ordered.  In the meantime add it to your wish list.

Supplies Used (not from Christmas catalogue) 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: