Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Some more coasters for Father's Day

I would love to hear from you if you have ideas for DIY gifts for men for Father's Day.  I have made 3 different kinds of coasters using some SU products, but I would like other ideas.
Today I am making the K-cup holders using the tutorial featured on SCS today.

Here is one coaster idea.  I die cut 4 pieces of coaster board using the circle framelits, as well as the same size of a local map.  These layers were all adhered together using Mod Podge.  Two more layers were put on the top, and then I sprayed it with krylon to water proof it.  Then I put felt feet on the bottom.





For the other coaster, I did the same procedure, only I applied some DSP from Adventure Bound DSP stack, and podged it the same way.  Only this time I die cut a golf card, bag and flags from a die I had, and adhered it to the top before podging.  Again I sprayed with Krylon and put feet on the bottom.  This particular one was painted with black paint on the sides and bottom to coordinate with the DSP.

Please, if you have any ideas for DIY projects for men, please indicate so in your comments.  Thanks in advance.

No comments: