Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fish hook coasters for a guy for Father's Day

I made these 2 coasters as a gift for Father's Day.



The coasters are made of 3 layers of chipboard adhered together  After rounding the corners, I used Mod Podge to adhere Smoky Slate Cardstock.  When it was dry, the cardstock was trimmed and the corners rounded.  Then, again using Mod Podge, I adhered a pattern from the Adventure Bound DSP stack.  I also rounded those corners. 

On a separate piece of Whisper White carstock, I stamped 2 images of fish hooks designed by a good friend of mine Murray.  They were coloured with blendabilities and then adhered to the coaster.  The stamped images are from the Stampscape series of stamps.

Mod Podge was applied to the top of the coaster and then they were sprayed with Krylon to waterproof them.

I think they will appeal to a Father who loves to fish.

No comments: