Monday, April 13, 2015

Double Thanks - Technostamper #360

It's very mild today and the sun was shining fiercely out of a clear blue sky.  However, it's afternoon now, and the sky has become overcast, and there is talk of rain.

I am more hopeful that we will soon have more spring-like weather.  My son even set up the gazebo and brought out the outdoor furniture, and is now washing my car.

For the challenge with Technostamper which is now a biweekly challenge, I wanted to make a masculine Thank you card.  I just checked through my "stash" and not one of them is suitable to give to a guy.

I used one of the designs of the Adventure Bound DSP stack, and used the Hello You framelits to create the large sentiment that the challenge called for.


 

The basic card is Garden Green cardstock. layered with Crumb Cake, and then Adventure Bound DSP .
The "Thanks" is from the "Hello You Thinlits Dies", and I die cut it first using Early Espresso cardstock, and a second time using Garden Green.  I adhered the two together just offsetting the words, to make it look like there is a shadow.


 Because there are 2 thanks, I titled the card "Double Thanks".

The smaller sentiment is from "A Dozen Thoughts" stamped with Basic Black on Crumb Cake, and die cut using the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits.The edges were sponged with Early Espresso and adhered to the card near the bottom with dimensionals.

Supplies Used:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


2 comments:

Nicole Tugrul said...

You are so clever!!! I love the double "thank you" to create shadowing!!! Thanks so much for joining the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge!

MJ said...

The double thanks is so cute, really makes it pop on top of that paper. Super smart idea. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch this time around. Your card is awesome!