Friday, April 17, 2015

Another Moon Lake Father's Day card

I just love this stamp set, and now that I'm actually making some cards with it, I can't seem to stop.  However, I need to as I have class to prepare for this week.

This card was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest, and cased some elements but put my own twist on things.

The base card is Soft Suede card stock, layered with Very Vanilla upon which the background stamp "Hardwood" was stamped with Soft Suede ink.

The corners were rounded on the bottom of a rectangle of Soft Suede.  The top was punched with the spiral punch.  After the edges were sponged with Soft Suede ink, a piece of Baker's twine was wrapped around the top and the ends inserted into a Bronze button and tied in a knot on the top.  A glue dot under the button holds it in place.  This piece was placed at an angle on the hardwood background using dimensionals.

The image was stamped on a rectangular piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and all the corners rounded and the edges sponged.  The image was initially coloured using markers, and then highlighed with the actual markers after stamping.  This art piece was adhered to the lower Soft Suede rectangle parallel to the bottom of the card.

The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny wishes, punched with the Word Window punch, and matted with Soft Suede modern label punch.

Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Adair said...

I really like your card, Maria. You included some of my favorite elements that work nicely with your design. And, the background stamp is just perfect!