Friday, March 6, 2015

Heliconia Flower punch art Easter Card

I've been wanting to making one of these Heliconia flowers since I saw in on Ann Fitzgerald's blog.  It is made using the Bird Builder punch, and if you look closer you can see the body of the bird. 

To make the Heliconia flower, punch 8 birds in whisper White, using the Bird Builder punch.  Snip off the beat, and the extra tail on the underside of each bird.
Sponge the top of the bird with Melon Mambo, followed by a layer of Daffodil Delight, and then Wild Wasabi on the lower body of the bird (including the tail. Some birds need to be sponged with the body facing in one direction, and some facing the other direction (4 of each I believe)
I first cut a small piece of Always Artichoke to build the flower on.
Then starting at the top, add the birds upside down, overlapping the bodies as indicated.

The Leaf was hand cut by folding a piece of Always Artichoke in half and cutting out the leaf shape on the fold. It was lightly sponged with Always Artichoke ink. Then with a stylus, I marked in the center of the leaf and the leaf veins.  Tombo glue was used to attach the leaf behind the flower.

Here are the supplies I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

Maria, this card is absolutely gorgeous!! You totally nailed the shape & colours of the Heliconia. I hope you don't mind if I 'case' this card - it's amazing! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Muffins Mama said...

Aloha Marie, Your heliconia is gorgeous! Mahalo for sharing!
Mary (aka Muffin's Mama)

Patrice Herrera said...

So beautiful my friend!