Sunday, February 15, 2015

Wetlands Happy Birthday - Blendabilities Background on Photopaper

I tried the blendabilities background technique on photo paper and it worked fairly well.  Here is my sample using the following colours:  Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, and Smoky Slate.

 So, of course I had to make a card.  The colours screamed Masculine card to me, so I used the Wetlands stamp set.

The image was stamped onto the coloured photo paper using Black stazon ink.  One thing I noticed that was different from the Glossy cardstock was that the stamp stuck to the paper more.
After I had stamped, I discovered that I could do some colouring of the image with the blendabilities, so I used Coastal Cabana on the body of the bird, Smoky Slate on the neck and Daffodil Delight on the beak and legs.  Some Old Olive was applied to the tips of the grass.

After colouring, the image was die cut using the ovals framelits.  Then I made an oval frame using Crumb Cake cardstock (I placed two sizes of oval frames on the Big Shot at the same time) and sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink.

The image was then applied to the middle a piece of DSP from the Adventure Bound Series DSP pack.  I then wrapped a piece of Linen Thread twice around the oval (glueing it down with tombo)

You can see this in the side view.


The DSP was matted with Very Vanilla cardstock, the edges of which had been sponged with Early Espresso ink.  This was attached to the Always Artichoke cardstock base.

Two stars were punched from the remnant of the blendabilities background and placed in each of the 4 corners.  A tiny circle, punched using the Owl Builder punch again from the background, was attached to each star.

Here are the supplies I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments: