Monday, February 16, 2015

A Serving Tray with Inserts Using Sheltered Tree

At Christmas time I bought a serving tray that had spaces where you can put photographs in.  Of course when I saw this tray I wasn't thinking photos - I was thinking stamping.  So, I bought the tray (at a very reasonable price), but unfortunately I had no time to do anything with it.  So it sat there taunting me.
Finally I have some time to just play and create.
So, after working with the blendabilities background technique I decided to make the panels for the inserts for this tray.
I decided to use the Sheltering Tree stamp set, and since there were 4 panels, I made each panel represent a different season.

Unfortunately, after I finished the tray, as I was putting it back together, the glass insert broke in half.  Talk about heart break!

I think I know where I can get a piece of glass cut to size.

Anyway, here is the tray:




This is the side view.
Now to show each panel one at a time.
Winter:  BRRRR!!  Looks like it feels here - minus 33 degrees C.  The clouds in the sky were made by adhering 2 scallop circles together and sponging with Marina Mist.  The Evergreen trees are non SU.  What you can't see is the Dazzling details on the branches of the tree.

Spring:  This season can't come soon enough....... Unfortunately, there's the crack in the glass.
After the trees were stamped, I stamped the blossoms using Pink Pirouette and then Melon Mambo.  Pear Pizzazz was used for the grass as spring grass is a gentler colour than Old Olive.  The sun image is from the stamp set Kinda Eclectic.

Summer:  Ah!! The season we all wait for and does not last nearly long enough.  Old Olive was used fro the tree leaves and for the grass.  The butterfly was stamped with Perfect Plum; the sun with Crushed Curry.

Fall:  If only winter didn't come after fall, fall would be my favourite season. I used the following colours for the leaves:  Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Cajun Craze.

Here is the list of supplies:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog






2 comments:

LynnsLocker said...

Maria: This is beautiful!!! So very nicely done!!!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Lynn G.

Jane said...

Your try looks fabulous. I like the idea of the four season stamp set in each of the little spaces. Very pretty.