Saturday, December 27, 2014

Happy Birthday - Celebrate it Today - SUO Challenge #112

This card did not turn out the way I visualized it, but I like it anyway.  Does that ever happen to you?  I made the card for the challenge with SUO here The challenge is to make a project that includes something that conveys the season greetings of Merry or Happy.
Now, I have finished my seasonal cards and put my stamps away, but I got to thinking about other "Happy" Events around this time of year.  Several of my Facebook friends have birthdays on Christmas day or during the Holiday Season, so I thought I'd make a birthday card.  Hope my thinking is not too "way out there"
Well, I went to post it on the SUO blog, and the linkz was closed.  Drat, I hate missing them!






I used a new stamp set from the about come out from the Occasional Catalogue, and paper and embellishments from Sale-a-bration.

I first stamped two balloons in Coastal Cabana.  The second balloon I stamped off first because I wanted it to appear to be farther away from the first balloon.  Then I added the stars on the light balloon and put Coastal Cabana dots on them using the blendabilities marker.  Both were die cut using the Balloon framelits.  One side of each balloon was sponged with Coastal Cabana ink and a dauber to give them dimension,

The flags were first stamped in Versa Mark and then Coastal Cabana, sprinkled with Clear embossing powder and heat set.  They were then die cut using the Balloon framelit and added to the lighter balloon.

The string for each balloon was stamped in Calypso Coral and cut out (yes, cut out!) and one end attached to the bottom of each balloon and down the card right to the ribbon.

Two bows were stamped in Calypso Coral, die cut, and adhered to the bottom of each ballooon.

The birthday sentiment was stamped in Calypso Coral, made into a flag and adhered to the balloon, using dimensionals, with the work "Happy" on it.  A Coastal Cabana star was punched using the Itty Bitty star and placed over the corresponding Epoxy Sticker.  Ever make a "boo boo" on a card?  Well, I had the card almost put together and some Calypso Coral ink smeared on the balloon from my finger.  So, I placed the Epoxy sticker over the "boo boo".

Ribbons were stamped using Calypso Coral ink and die cut and added to the bottom of each balloon.

After all the glue was dry, I applied Dazzling Diamonds to the work "Happy".

The card base is Coastal Cabana, layered with Best Year Ever DSP (SAB).  All the images were applied to a Whisper White base which had been embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.

At the bottom of the card, Calypso Coral Chevron ribbon was attached, with the excess ribbon tied in the middle with Calypso Coral Baker's twine to form a ribbon.  Both ends were flagged.  In the middle is a Coastal Cabana ribbon from SAB with a piece of Baker's twine tied into a bow in the middle.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


You can order any of the above products from my On Line store, the link to which is in the side bar of this blog (note:  Canadian customers only)

I also used the following, not yet available:
1.  Celebrate today stamp set
2.  Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers
3.  Coastal Cabana button (SAB - Best Year Ever Accessory Pack)
4.  Best Year Ever DSP (SAB)

1 comment:

2dogs2luv said...

Hi Maria....Happy Holiday! I follow your blog, but don't always comment....nice card today.