Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bright & Beautiful in Brown

This is day 3 of the 12 days of Christmas where I post 2 cards everyday.

Happy Card Making day!!  Hope you get into your craft room and make some cards today.

I don't usually use shades of brown in my Christmas cards, but today I made an exception.  I was inspired by the designer paper in the Trim the Tree designer paper pack.

I started with a Cherry Cobbler base layered with Very Vanilla cardstock embossed with Decorative Dots folder.
Then I matted a piece of designer paper with Crumb cake and adhered it in the middle of the card.
The image unit starts with a Crumb cake oval embossed with the Decorative dots folder.  I stamped 2 medium stars - one with Early Espresso on Very Vanilla card stock  and embossed with Clear embossing powder  - the other embossing it with White embossing powder on Crumb Cake cardstock.  The stars framelits was used to die cut both stars.  The tiny star on the top was stamped with Early Espresso and embossed with Clear embossing powder before die cutting with the smallest of the star framelit.
The Early Espresso star was adhered to the oval using dimensionals.  The Crumb Cake star was rotated so that the star points alternated and then adhered to the Early Espresso one with dimensionals.  A dimensional was used to attach the smallest star to the image unit.  On top of that is a champagne glimmer star punched with the small star punch.
Two banners were made.  The larger longer one was embossed with the Decorative Dots folder.  The smaller Very Vanilla one was stamped with the sentiment.  They were adhered together and attached to the DSP under one end of the oval.
Hint: Whenever I die cut glimmer paper, there is always some paper left over around the edges that can be used.  I just hate throwing that out.  So, I use the small star punch and punch as many stars as I can from the remnant.  I have one container for Champagne stars; one for silver stars.  They come in really handy when you need a star embellishment.

Stamp: Bright & Beautiful
Inks: Early Espresso, Versa Mark
Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Champagne glimmer, Trim the Tree DSP pack
Accessories: Decorative dots folder, Oval framelit, Star framelit, Small star punch, dimensionals, Clear embossing powder, White embossing powder

No comments: