Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Star Ornament

This Christmas ornament is made using the Star Framelits and the stamp set "Bright & Beautiful".  It is very easy to make and the effect is stunning!








There are 8 layers to this ornament, all put together using dimensionals.
The first think I did was emboss using gold embossing powder on Very Vanilla cardstock, 2 each of the star stamps.  These were die cut using the Star Framelits.  In addition, I die cut the largest of the Star Framelits using Gold cardstock.
Then I built 2 halfs of the ornament - a large gold star, a medium one, a smaller one, and the tiny middle one - by adhering them together with dimensionals.  You will end up with 2 halves of the ornament.
Before adhering them together, I adhered some gold stretch cord to the back of one of the halves.  This will be the ornament hanger.
Now I adhered the 2 halves of the ornament together, and walla you have an ornament!  To finish the ornament I put a large pearl in the middle

Stamp: Bright & Beautiful
Ink:  Versa Mark
Papers: Very Vanilla, Gold cardstock
Accessories: Star Framelits, Gold embossing powder, stretch cord (non SU), dimensionals.


No comments: