Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Lovely as a Tree birthday - Try Stampin' on Tuesday #147

All the preparations for Christmas are done so I thought I'd relax and make a card.  This proved a bit of a challenge as I'm having some construction work done in my workspace and everything is tarped up.
This card is designed based on the sketch challenge on Try Stampin' on Tuesday here 
Since all my Christmas/winter cards are done I chose not to use a snowflake as an embellishment. Also, I placed the sketch upright.


 

I started by using the new background stamp Hardwood (available Jan. 2) to create the background.  Soft Suede ink was used on Very Vanilla background.  Then I placed a strip of Season of Style designer paper along the left side and adhered a natural ribbon to hide the seam. This was adhered to a Soft Suede card stock base card.

The image was stamped with Old Olive ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  This was matted with Soft Suede card stock, and adhered to the card slightly overlapping the ribbon and designer paper.

The embellishment was a sprig of pine tree with a cone attached - also from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set.  This was punched with a 1/2" circle punch and attached to an Old Olive 3/4" scallop  circle using dimensionals.  This was attached to a 1" circle of Soft Suede and attached to the upper left of the card.

This turned out to be a neat masculine birthday card.

Stamps: Hardwood, Lovely as a Tree, Petite Pairs
Inks: Soft Suede, Old Olive
Papers: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Season of Style designer paper
Accessories: 7/16 Natural trim, 1/2" circle punch, 3/4" scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch, small oval punch, dimensionals
 

No comments: