Friday, August 23, 2013

Toil and Trouble - Create with Connie and Mary #265

I'm back!!! After two weeks in Vancouver, British Columbia I am happy to be home again safe and sound.  I played tourist and made no crafts while I was away (almost went into withdrawal).  I did find a wonderful craft store and went in a couple of times just to inhale the scent of stamps, inks, papers etc. My sister, whom I went to visit, is not into crafts of any kind and didn't understand my interest in them.  But she did drive me to the craft store and she stated she was impressed with the inventory.
Now I'm back and am trying to catch up with my blogging.
The card I made today is for the challenge with Create with Connie and Mary here 
I decided to make a Halloween card as I'm doing a craft show in a month's time and boy am I behind!


CCMC265 

Technique:   
The image was stamped with Versa Mark ink onto Very Vanilla paper and embossed with black embossing powder.  It was then die cut using the ovals framelits and the edges inked with Tangerine Tango ink.  This was mounted onto a Tangerine Tango Apothecary accents die using dimensionals.
Then I placed some glue into the orbs of the eyes and the nasal cavity and sprinkled orange stampin' glitter there.

Stamps: Toil and Trouble, Teeny Tiny Sayings
Inks: Versa Mark, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango
Papers: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, Witches Brew designer paper
Accessories: Ovals framelits, Apothecary Accentsd framelit, Word Window punch, Orange stampin' glitter, Black embossing powder, dimensionals

7 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

Ahhh! So spooky and scary! LOVE the glittered crossbones! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

Great combination of designer papers and colors for a fun and fetching Halloween card! Thanks for joining us this week for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

How fun to glitter the skull and crossbones! Love this Halloween card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

Love the embossing and the glitter! Very spooky skull! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

What a great halloween card! Great way to use the new products! Love the glitter! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary sketch challenge this week!

Mary Brown said...

What a great Halloween card! I love those touches of glitter! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Awesome Halloween card! Love how you added some glam and glitter to the focal point. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.