Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wildflower Meadow Looking Cool Card 2

As I explained yesterday, over the next few days I will be focusing on the Wildflower Meadow stamp set, making different cards to demonstrate the versatility of the stamp.  This is in preparation of my class next week.
Yesterday I did a CASE of the picture in the catalogue.  Today, because of the horrendous heat here, I thought I would make a card that makes you feel cool just looking at it.


I started out by making the background.  Using a sponge dauber, I applied first Crisp Cantalope and then Strawberry Slush to the Whisper White card stock, leaving a slightly mottled appearance.  I then embossed the background using the Wildflower Meadow folder, but you don't notice it at all so I would suggest that you omit this step. Then, using a stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped with Versa Mark and embossing the entire stamp using white embossing powder.
A 3/8" white taffeta ribbon and bow was attached to the lower card.  The overall effect is one of coolness.
This was matted with White card stock, and then to the base card with is Crisp Cantalope.

Stamp: Wildflower Meadow
Inks: Crisp Cantalope, Strawberry Slush, Versa Mark
Papers: Crisp Cantalope, Whisper White
Accessories: White embossing powder, 3/8" white taffeta ribbon, Wildflower Meadow embossing folder


No comments: