Friday, July 19, 2013

Remembering Christmas - Try Stampin' on Tuesday #127

I really don't want to think about it, but Christmas is just a little over 6 months away. It's hard to think about Christmas when its over 32 degrees C outside (over 40 degrees with the humidex factored in), but dates don't lie.  It's definitely time to start making Christmas cards!  This card is my first one, and I'm using the sketch challenge with Try Stampin' on Tuesday here to design this card.

 

The only change I made to the sketch was that I did not round the corners.
The base card is chocolate chip card stock, layered with Whisper White card stock and then Seasons of Style DSP from the new Holiday catalogue.
I stamped the image of the deer silhouette in chocolate chip ink on Whisper White paper, and then matted the image panel with chocolate chip card stock.  This was adhered to the card in the middle. All edges were sponged with chocolate chip ink.
For the embellishments, I punched two leaves in Old Olive card stock using the bird builder punch, and two of the larger Boho blossoms flowers using Cherry Cobbler card stock.
For each flower I snipped between every second petal and fluffed the flower up.  Then I applied silver glass glitter to the edges using the two way glue pen as my adhesive. A rhinestone was placed in the center of each flower.
Then in the upper left and lower right corner I adhered one leaf and one flower to create the embellishment.

Stamp: Remembering Christmas
Ink: Chocolate chip
Papers: Chocolate chip, Whisper white, Seasons of Style DSP, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Bird Builder punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Silver glass glitter, rhinestones

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great card. I love the bold graphic feel your card has, and the touch of bling on the flowers is perfect. I had to laugh when you said about it being too hot to think about Christmas - here in Australia, we love a warm Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Pajalu said...

What a wonderful card. I should take a leaf out of your book & start on my Christmas cards. I love the way you used the sketch to make this wonderful card. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin on Tuesdays.