Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Birthday Kitten and Tulips Birthday Wishes- Unscripted Sketches #213

I have a black cat so any image with cats in it is going to tickle my fancy.  He doesn't go outside, but he loves to get in my plants.  If I had a bowl of tulips I'm sure he would do what the cat in the image below is doing.  After all, how else can he express his birthday wishes for you.

This card is for the Unscripted Sketches challenge here  The stamp is a Penny Black stamp but all the other materials are Stampin' Up.  Please note that I put the sketch on its side.




US_Sketch213

The image was coloured with SU markers and some dazzling details was placed on parts of the tulips.  The panel was cut to fit inside the tulip edge embossing; the edges were sponged with Raspberry Ripple ink.
Some 1/8" Rose Red taffeta ribbon and bow was added to the left side of the card.

Here's a list of the materials/supplies used:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny wishes, Cat and tulips (Penny Black)
Inks: Black Stazon, SU markers, Raspberrry Ripple
Papers: Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Framed tulip embossing folder, dazzling details, 1/8" Rose Red taffeta ribbon, Curly Label punch.

4 comments:

JeanAnn said...

Marie, that is just what my cat would be doing too. Tell kitty Happy Birthday and give him/her a hug for me. Cats can be sooo sweet or mean. I hope yours is the sweet one. Thanks for sharing
Jean

dstandard said...

OMG this is just precious!! Love the stamp and your coloring! Thanks for playing at US!

SmilynStef said...

Love the vibrant colors on your tulips ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Maria, beautiful colouring on the adorable image. Hope you are enjoying our up/down weather. Cheers, Shirleyx