Monday, July 2, 2012

Build a Cake Birthday - Stamping 411 #262

What a sudden change in the weather today.  One minute it was hot and sunny and then it was pouring rain!  A good excuse to stay inside and make cards.
This card is for the Stamping 411 sketch challenge here



I must admit I'm having trouble liking the new In Color Summer Starfruit.  I'm doing everything in my power to avoid using it, but when the color is in the designer paper well, one can't avoid it.  So, in an effort to make it more appealing to me I embossed the designer paper with the square lattice embossing folder. I inadvertently changed the design a bit by bringing the designer paper further down the card.  That was a mistake as I didn't see the space under the paper until I posted it on my blog.

Stamps: Build a Cake, Teeny Tiny wishes
Inks: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Primrose Petals
Papers: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Pool Party designer paper, Primrose Petals
Accessories: Dazzling details, Pearls, 3/8" Primrose Petals satin stitched ribbon, dimensionals, Scallop trim border punch, Ovals die #2

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Very pretty!! I love the summer starfruit on your card!! Great job with the sketch!

soakes69 said...

nice, clean and simple---I like!

Patti Chesky said...

Adorable!!!!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Totally darling with the DSP.....love your color choices too.