Saturday, May 26, 2012

Need for Speed - Challenge 174 LNS

The challenge this week with the LNS group is Masculine Cards.

This card features a jet plane taking off.  Can't you almost hear the whine of the engines? The motion effect was made by repeatedly stamping the same image backwards from the main image.


This card reminds me of my father and of my hometown.
Not that my father was a pilot, but he worked as a civilian at an Air Force Base where planes like this were constantly taking off and landing. The stories he would tell!!
And, in the town where I grew up, our house was directly underneath the flight path of these jets.
Sometimes the noise was deafening!  But after a while you didn't hear it anymore- your ears somehow adjusted. Visitors would comment on the noise "How can you stand this?", but like I said, we didn't hear it anymore.

My Dad has been gone for quite a while.  Nevertheless,  Dad, this card is for you.

Stamps: Need for Speed, Best Dad
Inks: Basic Gray, Basic Black, SU Markers (Basic Gray, Cajun Craze), Not Quite Navy
Papers: Not Quite Navy. Crumb Cake, Well Worn designer paper, Whisper White
Accessories: Blender pen, Harlequin texturz plate, stampin dimensionals

4 comments:

Jane said...

I love the way you stamped it over Overton mKe it look like the pone was in motion,

MJ said...

Great idea! Looks like it is really moving.

Kris Sobolik said...

Very neat card!

Jonia said...

Maria this is just beautiful. I love what you did with it.