Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fabulous Florets Happy Birthday - Stampin Queen's Sketch Challenge #19

Today I took down all the Christmas decorations, a chore I do not particularly like as it seems the whole house becomes a mess. The boxes are still not put away as my son has to carry them down the basement for me, but he is out dog sitting - so they sit in the kitchen until his return.
One thing I have discovered about myself is that I hate clutter and disorganization.  So today's task was particularly distasteful.
I'm glad to have my house back.  I'm glad to have my workspace uncluttered.  I'm glad to be able to make this card using the sketch from Stampin Queen's Sketch Challenge #19 here

The sketch provided a bit of a challenge for me and had to let it sit for a while as my brain wrestled with various possibilities.  Finally I had a solution.

First of all, here is the sketch:



Now here is my card:


Stamps: En Francais, Fabulous florets, Occasional Quotes
Inks: Soft Suede, Versa Mark, Poppy Parade reinker
Papers: Watercolor paper, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Black embossing powder, Aqua painter, dazzling details, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 3/4 X 7/8" oval punch, Modern word label punch, pearls, 3/8" Soft suede Seam binding

5 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Gorgeous card! I haven't used my Fabulous Florets stamps enough but this gives me incentive to go back and take a second look. TFS!

Sharon Wheet said...

I'm a huge fan of the background stamp, and the florets stamp set. I think you paired the two beautifully and I love the sentiment cluster you created. very beautiful!
thanks for playing along with us @ SQSC

Glenda Calkins said...

This card is just stunning! Love the colors you chose and the stamp set. Just Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have been selected to be featured on Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge!! Please feel free to grab your badge here: http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/2012/01/sqsc-19-spotlights.html and add it to your blog sidebar. Thank you for sharing your amazing work with us! Hope we will see your creations again.
Inky Hugs,
Cristena

Jane said...

Beautiful card as always