Friday, December 23, 2011

Valentine Greetings - The Friday Mashup #33

Two more days until Christmas!  How did it get here so fast?  Hope you have all your shopping done, or your presents made.  I made most of my presents this year as I couldn't get to the stores because of physical problems.  But I enjoyed making them, and I'm sure my family will enjoy receiving them.  One of the presents I made was a card box that I decorated, and  filled with an assortment of cards - including Christmas cards for next year. Some of the focal images on the cards were water colored - one of my favourite techniques.
Talk about watercoloring, the challenge with The Friday Mashup this week is a sketch and watercoloring.

 


I chose to make a Valentine's Day card for this week's challenge. I'm finished designing and making Christmas cards.  I need Valentine's Day cards for my next craft sale which is on the first weekend in February 2012.
The focal image from The Greeting Card Kids was colored usinga combination of SU markers and watercolor pencils, using an Aqua painter.  Some red dazzling details was applied to the heart and hair bow, and two tiny pearls became the dress buttons.
The background was made using the Heart Pressed Letterpress Plate and the Big Shot.  Whisper White card stock was placed over the plate brayered with Riding Hood Red ink prior  to running it through the Big Shot. Red Dazzling Details was then applied to the solid colored hearts and circles to create my own glitter designer paper. (Note:  let this dry for at least 1/2 hr before finishing card).

The Labels framelits die (from the new Occasions Mini Catalogue) was used to cut and layer the shape around the image.  This innovative, thin, wafer-like die will be available  January 2.  The 3/8" pleated satin ribbon will also be available at that time. Rose Red ink was used to stencil around the edges of the die shape.
Here is a close up of the watercolored image:



Stamps: Greeting Card Kids, Grateful Greetings
Inks: Black Stazon, Basic Black, SU Markers (Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Real Red, Basic Black, Blush Blossom), Watercolor pencil (blue), Rose Red
Papers: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Heart Pressed Letterpress Plate and the Big Shot, Brayer, Red Dazzling Detail, Pearls, Large Pearls, 3/8" Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon, Pinking hearts border punch, Labels framelit die, dimensionals

Have a wonderful Holiday everyone, and I'll see you next Friday.

4 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Happy Holidays Maria.

Fabulous watercolouring on your card.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Heidi Baks said...

A great image for watercoloring! And I love your own glittery patterned paper.

hollybeary creations said...

OMG how cute is this? I love that new ribbon you used! great job on the watercoloring!

Rita W said...

I love that little girl so much. I can't believe it took me so long to get that stamp set! She is adorable; great take on the challenge!