Friday, December 23, 2011

Inspired by Nature - Thanks - Sketch Frenzy Friday

With Christmas only 2 days away, I have put my Christmas stamps away. But that didn't mean that I couldn't make a winter card for this sketch challenge and the mini blog hop with Sketch Frenzy Friday here

Today's sketch is by Robbie Rubela





Here is my card:

I couldn't resist pulling out an old friend, Inspired by Nature.  The sketch just seemed to call for it, just like it called for the brayer and a snowbank.
The background sky was made by brayering layers of Baja Breeze, Marina Mist and Pacific Point on Shiny Cardstock.  A piece of paper was torn and placed over the bottom to create the snow bank, and a 1 3/4" circle provided a mask for the moon.

Stamps: Inspired by Nature, A Word for You
Inks: Baja breeze, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Black Stazon, Daffodil Delight
Papers: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Basic Black, Shiny Cardstock
Accessories: Brayer, 5/8" Back taffeta ribbon, Modern Label punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch, pearls, dazzling diamonds


I am curious to see how you interpret the sketch.  When your creation is finished don't forget to upload it to the SFF homepage here so that we can all see it.
Your next stop in this mini blog hop is Patrice's blog: http://mylittlepatchofdirt.blogspot.com  then visit the other team members blogs.  Their names and blog addresses are in the side bar of this blog, or visit the SFF homepage.  Don't forget to leave comments, as we all love to get them.

Have a wonderful holiday season, and I'll see you next Friday.

2 comments:

inkedx2 said...

Love your card! I love that set too. Thanks for creating a cute card with my sketch!

Tammy Fite said...

Great card--almost makes me think of palm trees and the beach! Love it!