This card is a partial CASE from someone who's watermark I could not read - so if you recognize your card please let me know and I will give you credit. The poinsettia on this card was originally created by Connie Babbert (I believe last year) so thanks Connie for the idea.
Would you believe the petal of the flower is made using one of the stamps from the French Foliage stamp set? Who would have thought?
Here's how I made the poinsettia:
- Stamp 13 leaves with Cherry Cobbler ink onto Regal Rose card stock
- Cut out each leaf
- Punch out a 1 1/4" circle in Regal Rose card stock
- Attach 7 of the cut out leaves to the 1 1/4" circle using snail adhesive to form the bottom layer of the flower
- Cover the entire flower with Versa Mark, cover with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and emboss with heat tool.
- Individually emboss the remaining 6 leaves
- Attach individually to the flower base, using snail adhesive at the bottom of the petal and a stampin' dimensional toward the top. This gives the flower some lift and dimension
- Place pearls in the center of the poinsettia.
The base of the card is Cherry Cobbler, followed by a layer of Alwys Artichoke.
The Very Vanilla card stock layer was doubled embossed using the Starburst embossing folder and Iridescent Ice embossing powder.
3/8" Artichoke denim jean ribbon was attached both ways to make the front of the card look like a wrapped present.
The sentiment, from Hand-Penned Holidays, was stamped using Always Artichoke ink on Very Vanilla card stock, and matted with Always Artichoke. The one end was made into a tag shape to accommodate the size of the card.
The sentiment tag was placed diagonally at the crossroad of the ribbons.
The poinsettia was adhered to the card using dimensionals - also on top of the crossroad.
Stamps: French Foliage, Hand-Penned Holidays
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Versa Mark
Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Rose Red
Accessories: Starburst embossing folder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Pearls, 3/8 Artichoke denim Jean ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals