Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just for You - challenge 106

My passion has not shifted from making flowers, I've just discovered I like making different bird species using the Two Step Bird Punch.  The bird reflected in this card is a Vermillion Flycatcher - rarely seen in Canada except maybe along the Atlantic seaboard.  I just loved the colours of this bird and it reminded me of the Scarlet Tanager which is one of the birds I do see from time to time in my garden.
I used the sketch from Liz Goldhawk's blog http://lgoldhawk.blogspot.com/
Stamps: Nature Walk, Just Believe
Inks: Marina Mist, Basic Black - markers Old Olive, Marina Mist
For the birds - Real Red and Tangerine Tango mixed together to get this Vermillion colour.
Papers: Pear Pizzaz, Greenhouse Gala Designer Paper, Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Basic Black, So Saffron
Accessories: Two Step Bird Punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Scallop circle Punch, Scallop border punch, Flower designer brad, Square lattice embossing folder, Daffodil delight Pompom trim, stampin dimensionals

2 comments:

Jane said...

Neat card Maria. This is a very brilliant colored bird. With all of the brilliant colors in your garaden, I do not know how you would even notice this fellow there,

Liz Goldhawk said...

Thanks for playing along with my sketch Maria! I love what you did with it... the birds are so pretty, and I love the stamped paper behind them too. Beautiful card!