Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Clearly for You

Today I'm taking a break from punch art and doing some stamping.  I'm also getting ready for a workshop on Saturday - making door prizes, hostess gift etc.
This is the card I made this morning.  Spring is 3 calendar weeks away (notice I said calendar), but my mind is already swinging to summer.  This card reminds me of a picture I have hanging in my hallway.

Stamp: Clearly For You
Inks: Baja Breeze, Rich Razzelberry, Markers (Rich Razzelberry, Always Artichoke - for the plant; Early espresso, Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango - for the butterfly; Real Red and Basic Black - for the lady bug; Old Olive for the number stamp
Papers: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Rich Razzelberry, Spring Vintage Designer Paper
Accessories: Polka dot embossing folder, Small oval punch, Pearls, 5/8" Rich Razzelberry grosgrain ribbon.

For the image, I first stamped the background stamp with Baja Breeze. This was followed by the flower, butterly, lady bug and No. 5.  With the exception of the number, all stamps were coloured with markers.
All edges were either sponged with Baja Breeze or Rich Razzelberry ink.  To make the polka dot background blend in better with the color scheme of the card, I lightly sponged it was Rich Razzelberry.

No comments: