Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Ruffle of Spring - punchie flowers


I have 2 punchies to share with you today - both flowers of course.


These flower embellishments were made using the flower from the Vintage stamp set.  They were punched from the double embossed paper I had made from the background, the ends curled up with a bone folder and a yellow rhinestone brad placed in the center.  This is probably my most favourite card.


I apologize for the lack of cropping and the darkness fo the picture.  I am at a friend's computer and my camera is not behaving itself.  But I think you get the idea.  You'll notice that the vase is punched from the ornament punch, and what is not so evident is that the flower stems and leaves is from the bird leg from the Good Friend set.







I'm still thinking of spring although it is still many calendar days away. But as you can see, I'm still in the flower mode and probably will be for some time to come.

These flowers reminded me a lot of carnations, and are made with the round scallop punch and the 1/2" round punch.

Punch 2 round scallop punches (use double sided dsp). Decide which pattern you want to show the most. Here I mixed them up to get a variagated effect (hmm a horticultural word!!).

Cut each punch into 4 equal pieces.
With a pair of tweezers, grasp the smallest (unscalloped end) and gently roll the cut piece around the tweezer. Gently remove it from the tweezer. It will look like you have rolled a worm with play dough.
Do this will all 8 pieces.
Place a pencil dot in the middle of the 1/2" circle .
Gently unroll one of the rolled pieces , pleat it gently, and place it on the 1/2" circle to which a "little dab will do you" tombow glue has been applied. Apply the next piece opposite the first. Work your way around the circle. Set aside to dry.
Now do the second layer in the same way.
When dry, take a round stylus and press gently into the middle of the flower pushing the petals up. Have a mat underneath.
Work the petals until you like the effect. I put some almost turquoise ink onto the edge of the petals to give them extra depth.
When dry, glue both layers together. I also punched out a yellow boho blossom, cut some slits into it, scrunched it up, inked the edged and gently glued it into the center of the flower.
Enjoy
Posted by Picasa

No comments: