Friday, February 19, 2010

Beautiful ruffled flowers - a punchie card

I warned you!  I'm a flower nut.  The geraniums I potted on Sunday are already sending out new sprouts - makes one hopeful for Spring.
I'm eally enjoying making paper flower for the punchie challenge.  These flowers are fuller than those in the previous post.
I used 12 by 12 double sided dsp -the colours don't matter as I mixed them up anyway.  I'm a bit of a rebel.
Here's how to made the flower:
1.  Use a round scallop punch and punch out 10 scallops.  Face them up the way you wish.
2.  Take each scallop and made into as tiny a fold as possible.
3.  Unfold
4.  Place the10 scallops on top of each other and pierce with a piercer in the middle.
5.  Insert a medium sized brad into the hole to hold the scallops together.
6.  Work with each layer one at a time, folding and crimping, and when done gently open.  Spray with shimmer paint for an extra nice touch.

A close up of the flowers











A side view.


No comments: