Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sunflowers in a Globe- Beautiful Blossoms Challenge # 14

 This is my second submission to the floral challenge at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge - Anything goes with Optional Mood Board #14  

Anyone who knows me knows that I love flowers - real flowers, paper flowers, and flowers on cards.  I am particularly fond of making 3D flowers.

When I saw the Anything goes floral challenge I knew I had to make some flowers and put them in a globe.  I got the globes for birthday last year and have not done anything with them because I couldn't think of anything to place in them.

Until now.

Last year, at Maker Mania 8 we all received a stamp set featuring Sunflowers, and came with a coordinating set of dies.  I used the dies to create the three sunflowers which I then added to one of the globes.



I cut a piece of the coordinating DSP to fit into the globe, trimming the top to fit into the curve.  Two of the Sunflowers with leaves were added to the front.  The butterfly was one of the embellishments we received with the event.

I used the three small leaf punches to punch leaves from some similar coloured DSP and I scattered them on the bottom of the globe. I also added some petals that appeared to fall off the sunflower.




On the other side, I gold embossed  a sentiment "Stand tall and keep your face to the Sunshine", matted it with gold foil and added it to the DSP  above the 3rd Sunflower. I had 3 gold foil hearts left over from another project .  They just seemed to fit well beside and above the sunflower.

Supplies Used:

Stamp:  Sunflower by Sizzix

Inks:  Versa Mark

Papers:  Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Gold Foil, DSP (retired)

Accessories:  Dome, Small leaf punches, Coordinating Sunflower dies, Dimensionals., Butterfly (3D) embellishment, Gold embossing powder

2 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous piece of 3-D art! Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fabulous decor piece!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
xoxo, Aimeslee DT