Thursday, February 15, 2024

A Valensctrap card-Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #564

 I called the card a Valenscrap card because I made it using scraps of retired Valentine’s Day DSP. The card was made using the sketch Here





I cut  4 strips of retired DSP (Valentine) about 1 by 5” and embossed each of them with an embossing folder. I used the three Basic ones from Stampin Up as well as the Parisian Swirl EF. Before I adhered them to a piece of Gold foil cardstock, I sponged the edges of each of the strips with Basic Gray ink.



The foil with the strips adhered to it was adhered to a Basic Black cardstock base.


In the center of an embossed white card stock piece I added 3 hearts that were of different sizes that I die cut from the left over scraps of DSP. They were adhered using dimensionals.   This white piece was matted with gold foil and then added to a Basic Black rectangle

Below the sentiment, from “Gumball Greetings” was embossed with white embossing powder

This focal image was added to the card front using dimensionals.

To finish the card I added some Gilded gems randomly on the focal piece.


Supplies Used:

Stamp: Gumball Greetings

Ink: Versa Mark

Papers: Basic Black. Basic White, Valentine DSP retired, gold foil

Accessories, Embossing folders (hearts, Basic (dots & texture) Parisian Swirl ,  Gumball Greeting dies. Dimensionals



2 comments:

foleysfriend said...

Love the texture of the embossing folders and the shiny gold accents. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

Anna said...

What a sparkly card! I love all of the shine and pretty colors. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team