Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Happy Easter - Double Trouble Paper Crafting#160 & Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #75

 This card was made for the challenge with Double Trouble Paper Crafting #160 who is partnering with Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #75

I had so much fun making this card that I made another card with the same fold, only this card featured squirrels (I figured they leaped and jumped from tree to tree and they are getting active now).  See card at end of this post.





Easter is approaching very quickly. Good Friday is March 29 this year, less than 6 weeks away, So I featured creature that did all of the required activity for the challenge the creature I that “hops, skip and leaps - the Easter bunny. I actually made the rabbit hop by attaching it to the card front using a wobble.

I also made a fun fold for this card, using  a tutorial  by Mixed Up Crafts. I had never made this card fold before. It's called a Side Panel Pillar Card. 

My sample was made using 80 lb cardstock but the card was a bit wobbly and did not stand up alone very well, so the final card  was made using 100 lb cardstock.

The Basic White card stock base of this A4 card fold is  9 by 7" scored at 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the 9 “ side. This was rolled up to form a pillar on the left side.



After the pillar was formed  Fresh Freesia DSP, matted with with Starry Sky cardstock was added to the base as well as both ends of the pillar.
The focal image piece is a 5 1/2 square piece of Basic White card stock scored at  1/2 and 1 1/2” on one of the sides. This piece was added to the pillar at one end and the base at the other ( like a pop up mechanism). The scene I created was matted with Starry Sky card stock and then adhered to this piece.


Focal Image:

Background: I used blender brushes to add Balmy Blue and Boho Blue inks to create the sky, and Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive for the ground.

I used a punch to punch out a strip of grass which I added to the bottom.

Images:  All images were stamped and coloured with Stamp'n Blends and fussy cut.  They were placed in the scene shown in the picture.

The rabbit was placed in a wobble allowing it to hop and wobble.

I added a piece of Basic White cardstock on the back for messages.


Products Used:

Stamp:  Easter Bunny

Inks:  Black Memento Stampin' Blends (Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight,) Starry Sky Balmy Blue Boho Blue, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz

Papers: Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Starry Sky, Old Olive, Fresh Freesia DSP

Accessories:  Easter Bunny dies, Wobble, Wave rhinestones, Dimensionals, Glitter, Crystal Effects






5 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful Pillar cards, Maria! I love them both!! The images are so sweet and the papers you used are wonderful. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases and Double Trouble Challenges, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Suzanne Reynolds said...

These pillar cards are a fun fold I'll have to make, thanks for your inspiration. Adorable cards, both the bunny and squirrel themes. Nice papers and scene created in both. Thanks for sharing your cards with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases.

Melanie R said...

Fabulous cards, Maria! The images are wonderful and you have created such pleasant scenes. I have seen the pillar card before but have never made one. Thank you for the inspiration and thank you for playing along at Double Trouble!

Rae said...

Both your Pillar cards are so sweet and just in time for spring to start.... anytime now.
Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #76. Hope to see you again soon.

Rae in Reno
Creative Creases DT

Kellianne said...

Another cool fold that I've never tried! These turned out so cute! And yes, squirrels are always leaping from tree to tree :) I see it everyday out my windows and they are really cute. Thanks for sharing your cars with us at Double Trouble :)