Monday, April 18, 2022

Inspiring Iris with Many Medallions background - Paper Craft Crew Challenges #466 Theme Challenge

This week the challenge with the Paper Craft Crew Challenge #466 is to create a card/project with a mosaic pattern on it.

To make a card for this challenge, I pulled out 2 retired items - a stamp set "Inspiring Iris" and a die "Many Medallions", and put them together.  Below is the result:





Iris' are one of my favourite spring flowers.  I must have had Iris' on my mind when I chose a stamp for this card .  I had just been to the store where I bought some Iris bulbs to plant in my garden as soon as it is safe to do so.  That may not be any time soon as I just looked out the window and would you believe it is snowing!!! (yuck).

Most of the Iris' in my garden are a dark purple (almost black) with the exception of a variegated one which is almost a florescent pale purple.  For this card I decided to stamp my Iris in Highland Heather ink, to coordinate with the Highland Heather card base with the leaves in Granny Apple Green.
The fine tip of three different colours of markers was used to add colour to the background. 
When finished, the stamped image was trimmed to a 2 1/2" square and matted with Highland Heather.




The background was created by die cutting a Medallion die in Basic White card stock and adding it to the Highland Heather card base.



After adhering the two layers together, I added a piece of 1/4" Gorgeous Grape mini striped ribbon towards the left front. The image was added to the front using dimensionals.

The sentiment is from " Happy Thoughts".  It is stamped in Highland Heather ink and die cut using a Stitched So Sweetly die.




To finish the card, I added some Iridescent Rhinestones to the card front.

On the inside I wove a piece of ribbon through one strip of the medallion die cut.


Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Inspiring Iris, Positive Thoughts

Inks:  Highland Heather Black Memento, Granny Apple Green

Papers:  Highland Heather, Basic White

Accessories:  Many Medallion dies, Stitched So Sweetly die, 1/4" Gorgeous Grape mini striped ribbon, Iridescent rhinestones, Stamparatus, Dimensionals.





No comments: