Thursday, March 24, 2022

Happy Easter Friends Portrait Pop Up Card

 Easter is about a month away so today is Easter card making day.  I have been busy creating items for a craft fair coming up soon - if it happens.  One never knows what will happen with the pandemic now that all restrictions have been lifted.  Already the number of cases have risen, so all my work may be moot.

I used the really cute "Easter Friends" stamp set from the Jan to June Mini catalogue to make this fun fold pop up card.  I plan on making a number of cards, so I stamped a number of the images from the stamp set, scanned them, and cut them with my new "scan and cut" machine.  So I'm all ready to make a number of cards.  

For the first card I made a Portrait Pop Up card.



This fun fold consists of 2 pieces - a base piece and an art piece.  I used Basic White card stock for this, matting it with Hand Penned DSP or Pale Papaya card stock.

Base:  5 1/2 by 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4, 5 1/4, and 7" on the 8 1/2" side

Portrait Pop Up piece: 3 3/4 by 4 1/4"  Scored at 2 3/4, and 3 3/4" on the 4 1/4 " side.

Before creating the fun fold, a 3 3/4 by 5" piece of Hand Penned DSP was added to the back of the card. 

Then, after burnishing all the folds, I created the base (it looks like a bench).  I also added a 3 3/4 by 1 " piece of DSP to the top and a piece of 3 3/4 by1 3/4" to the front of this base.

The bunny and the little chick were coloured with Stampin' Blends- the bunny using both light and dark Crumb Cake; the chick with Daffodil Delight.  I placed some flowers I die cut from the Pansy DSP in the bunny's hands and then added him to a 2 1/4 by 4 1/4 piece of Basic White card stock using dimensionals.  Below and to the left side I added the little chick again using dimensionals.


The completed art piece was matted with Pale Papaya card stock and then added to the Portrait Pop Up piece.  This was added to the base.  A side view of the card is below:


To complete the card, I added some DSP to the flap of the envelope.

Note:  this card lies flat for mailing.


Supplies Used:

Stamp:  Easter Friends

Inks:  Just Jade for the sentiment, Stampin Blends (Crumb Cake - bunny, Daffodil Delight - chick) Pear Pizzazz for the grass

Papers:  Basic White, Pale Papaya, Hand Penned DSP

Accessories:  Dimensionals, Non SU embellishments, Linen thread



No comments: