Sunday, October 24, 2021

Poinsettia on 3 panel card - The Paper Players #564

 For the sketch challenge with The Paper Player #564  I pulled out a stamp set that had sat dormant on my desk for a while - the Poinsettia Petals stamp.  For some reason I worked with other stamp sets neglecting this one.  And yet it still is one of my favourite stamps.





The Painted Christmas DSP goes beautifully with the Red Velvet paper from which I made the small Poinsettia.  The DSP was cut into 3 pieces, each being 1 1/4 by 4" and matted with Evening Evergreen card stock before adding them evenly spaced to the Basic white layer of the card front.

The Poinsettia dies were used to make the flower and leaves and after making the flower I adhered it to a Iridescent Snowflake.  A gold foil sprig completed the flower.


The sentiment, from "Christmas to Remember" was  stamped with Real Red ink onto a strip of Basic white card stock.  Before adding it to the card front, it  was matted with Evening Evergreen card stock .



To finish the card, I added 3 Toile Red Glitter Gems (retired)

Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Poinsettia Petals, Christmas to Remember

Inks:  Real Red

Papers:  Evening  Evergreen, Basic White, Red Velvet, Gold Foil, Painted Christmas DSP, Iridescent Snowflake

Accessories:  Poinsettia Dies, Dimensionals Toile Red Glitter Gems

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

So pretty! I was actually thinking about these papers for my upcoming stamp class, along with this sketch! Beautifully done with that gorgeous red poinsettia! Thanks for playing along with my Paper Players sketch this week!

Jaydee said...

Your poinsettia is just gorgeous and I love thee texture. The papers pair beautifully with it and all these elements add up to a beautiful card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee