Saturday, October 30, 2021

Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Sketch Saturday #684

 I've been getting a head start on making my Christmas cards, and like other years I am making a variety of card designs rather than mass producing one design.

One of the card designs features an Angel using the stamp set "Angels of Peace"  The set has 2 angels - an adult one, and a child. Today's card features the child angel.  I thought some of the younger folks on my list might enjoy this one.

I am submitting the card for the sketch challenge with Sketch Saturday #684  I have taken the liberty of changing the orientation of the sketch from portrait to landscape.




The little angel was stamped on a piece of Basic White card stock and coloured with Watercolour pencils and a blender pen, keeping the colours very delicate and neutral.  The wings were left white, so I added some Dazzling Diamonds to them to make them look feathery.  She was fussy cut and set aside while I prepared the rest of the card.


On the 3 3/4 by 5" Misty Moonlight top card layer I did 2 types of embossing - a glitter heat set embossing, and a dry machine embossing using a die.



Machine embossing - above


Glitter White heat set embossing - above

I used the large (3 1/4 by 4 1/4") scallop contour die and embossing mats  in the die cutting machine to emboss an impression of the die in the middle of the paper. Following this the sentiment and snowflakes were stamped with Versa Mark and  heat embossed with glitter white embossing powder,

The embossed Misty Moonlight piece was matted with Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper and then added to a Misty Moonlight card base.

The little angel was added to the card front next to the sentiment, using dimensionals.


Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Angels of Peace, For Unto Us

Inks:  Versa Mark, Watercolour pencils

Papers:  Misty Moonlight, Glimmer Paper, Basic White

Accessories:  Scallop Contour die and embossing mats, Glitter White embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Blender Pen, Dimensionals.


No comments: