Saturday, October 30, 2021

A Fall Birthday -

 A friend of mine, who loves all things 'fall' , is having a birthday, so I wanted to make a special card for him.

He especially loves the clear blue sky, the crisp fall air and the the colour of the leaves - the browns, rusts, red, yellows, and oranges.  Therefore these are the colours I have incorporated into my card.


I love the "Beauty of the Earth" DSP and it has all the colours I want to incorporate in my card. That is matted with Cajun Craze card stock and then added to a Thick Basic white card base.


For the art piece I start with a piece of Crumb Cake embossed with the Bark Embossing folder which is also matted with Cajun Craze card stock.  At the right end I add a notched banner. At the other end is a 2" punched Basic white circle, the edges sponged with Cajun Craze ink. Die cut leaves (Gorgeous Leaves, some in glitter, are clustered and added at the top,  A bow made from double linen thread, was added to the stem of the leaves, and two pine cone embellishments were hung from the bow.


The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Birthday and the banner is added below the leaves.


Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Itty Bitty Birthday, Gorgeous leaves

Papers:  Thick Basic white, Basic white, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Beauty of the Earth DSP, Glitter SAB retired

Inks:  Cajun Craze

Accessories:  Leaf Dies, 2" circle punch, pine cone embellishment, matt dots, dimensionals, Linen thread

 

No comments: