Friday, July 9, 2021

Christmas in July - Evergreen Elegance - a Simple Card with Video

 Christmas in July! I know this is a popular concept, but this year I could not get my head around this celebration,  when the thermometer outside is hovering around 31 degrees C. 

However, once I started making Christmas cards, that feeling changed and I began to enjoy myself. And, I ended up making 3 Christmas cards!

I used the stamp set "Evergreen Elegance" which is in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue. It has an Evergreen border punch that goes with it but I did not use it for this card.

This is a simple card and great for the beginning stamper. The hardest part was making the rectangle in which the tree is stamped - and stamping the sentiment on the inside straight.


To make the rectangle back ground, I created a template on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock using  a Stitched Rectangle die. You can make it any size you want but I made mine 2 1/4 by 3 1/2".

I taped the template onto a piece of Basic White card stock. Using a Stampin' Blender brush, and Crumb Cake ink, colour was added inside the die cut area.

Using the Stamparatus the larger of the 3 trees was stamped inside the rectangle using Evergreen Evening ink.  The sentiment was stamped using Cherry Cobbler ink below the art piece.

Check out the video below. You can also watch it on You Tube here



Measurements:
  • Cherry Cobbler  5 1/2 by 4 1/4"  - Card Base
  • Basic White - 3 3/4 by 5" (top layer)
  • Basic White 4 by 5 1/4" -on inside
Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Evergreen Elegance
Inks:  Evening Evergreen,  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler
Papers:  Cherry Cobbler Basic White
Accessories:   Stitched Rectangle Die, Blender Brush, Stamparatus

Here are three other cards I made using this stamp set:






No comments: