Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Good morning Magnolia on a Step Panel card

 Along with the 5 in-colours mentioned in yesterday’s post, the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and dies are also retiring.

Using one of the retiring colours, Purple Posy, I made a Pop-up card featuring this beautiful flower. Last year I visited my sister in Vancouver and visited a secluded garden with many Magnolia trees. The flowers on each tree were different colours and oh they were so beautiful!


I’m not good enough to emulate Nature but I tried  my best.


Using both the light and dare shades of Purple Posy I coloured the flower.  Daffodil Delight was used for the middle of the flower and both shades of Mossy Meadow for the leaves. I also added a touch of Daffodil Delight the leaves. When finished, the flower was die cut and set aside while I made the pop up base



To make the the Front Step Panel card I used the tutorial by Jan B here

Below are the dimensions of the papers I used:




Card stock:

Purple Posy:
.start with 2 pieces of card stock , a 5 1/2 by 8 1/2" (back pop up) and a 3 3/4 by 4 1/4" piece (front pop up).
. On the 8 1/2" side of the 5 1/2 by 8 1/2" piece, score at 4 1/4, 5 1/4, 7 & 8"
. On the  3 3/4" side of the 3 3/4 by 4 1/4" piece, score at 2 3/4 & 3 3/4"
.Fold and burnish all folds




Basic White: 
5 1/4 by 4" 1 piece for the back pop up
3 1/2 by 2 1/2" 1 piece for the front pop up
4 by 5 1/4" for the back of the card
4 1/4 by 4 1/4" for image and sentiment





DSP (Purple Posy DSP)
5 by 3 3/4" for back pop up
3 1/4 by 2 1/4" for front pop up (reverse pattern)

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Good Morning Magnolia
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blends (Purple Posy, Daffodil Delight Mossy Meadow
Papers:  Purple Posy, Basic White, Purple Posy DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Oval Die, Magnolia die, Purple Posy Faceted Dots, 1/2" scallop linen Purple Posy ribbon, Dimensionals



 




No comments: