Thursday, October 1, 2020

Creating a Scene using Snow Front on a slimline card



 Finally we are getting some rain! September was a very dry month but because of that the leaves on the trees have brighter shades of reds, oranges, and yellows. Apparently because of the drought like conditions the sugar content of the leaves was more concentrated resulting in these gorgeous fall colours.

Having commented on the beautiful fall colours , the card I made today does not reflect fall at all. I felt like creating a snowy scene so I pulled out the Snow Front stamp set, grabbed my inks and sponges and let my imagination do the rest.

I wanted to make a Slimline card so I cut a piece of Thick White card stock and scored it at 3 1/4” and layered it with a 3 by  8 3/4” piece of Balmy Blue glimmer paper. For the art piece I cut a 2 3/4 by 8 1/2” piece of regular weight Whisper White and started stamping.

I had no master plan in mind just some fleeting images of actual winter scenes I have been witness to. The scene created is a composite of all these scenes.


Stamp: Snow Front, Itty Bitty Christmas
Inks: Basic Gray, Balmy Blue, Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Real Red market
Papers: Thick Whisper White, Balmy Blue Flimmer paper, Whisper White
Accessories: Puff Paint (retired), Shimmer Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, Snowflake Splendor ribbon. Self adhesive Blue gems, Label Me Lovely Punch


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great job! Love it.