Saturday, October 3, 2020

Celebrate with Band Together

 Some days you just feel like colouring, and today was one of those days. Everyone who knows know my love of flowers, so, of course it was natural that I would choose a flower to colour.

Again, I wanted to make a Slimline card, so the flower from "Band Together" was perfect. It's a rather large flower and fits perfectly on this size of card.

The colours I used for the flower , because it reminds me of a Zinnia, also reflect the season.  


The card base is Old Olive, layered with the Ornate Garden DSP and then the Whisper White art piece.

After stamping the flower with Black Memento ink, Stampin' Blends were used in the following colours:  Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Cajun Craze, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow.  The outline of the completed flower was coloured with Soft Seabreeze Stampin' Blends, and then some texture was added using Crumb Cake and Pear Pizzazz 'dots'




Near the bottom I added a 1/4" Old Olive ribbon and a bow, and below that a sentiment from the same stamp set.  This I punched with the Label me Lovely punch and added using dimensionals.



To finish the card, Wonderful Gems embelllishments were added randomly around the flower and three below the sentiment.


Supplies Used:

Stamp:  Band Together

Inks:  Black Memento, and the following Stampin' Blends: Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Cajun Craze, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Soft Seabreeze Spray, Crumb Cake

Papers:  Old Olive, Ornate flowers DSP, Whisper White

Accessories:  1/4" Old Olive ribbon, Label me Lovely Punch, Wonderful Gems

No comments: