Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Backgrounds made with Gilding Flakes

Gilding flakes are a bit messy to work with but they create wonderful backgrounds.

I must blame a a customer of mine who gave me some gold flakes because she "didn't know what to do with it".  I have never worked with Gilding Flakes before, so I saw this as a challenge and began experimenting.

I used gold, copper, and silver gilding flakes.

To make the backgrounds,

 1. Add two 4 by 5 1/4" pieces of Whisper White card stock to some double sided adhesive sheets.

2. Remove the protective top to reveal the sticky surface

3. Add the flakes (3 colours) all over the surface, and burnished it with your fingers. 
     Save the flakes not used into another container.

4.  With a stencil brush, brush the surface lightly to remove any small flakes .

5  Insert the two finished pieces into an embossing folder. back to back (I used the Parisian           embossing folder) and run through the Big Shot twice.  One piece will be embossed, the other ebossed.

6.  Rub Black Stazon ink all over each piece.


This background is embossed.




This is the ebossed background

No comments: